SJJA Narrabeen Membership Agreement
Subscription Based Membership (Until Further Notice)
Contract Notice Periods:
- 60 Days Active Notice Cancellation
- 30 Days Active Notice Freeze (90 Days Max Freeze Period)
- Initial fee $11
I hereby give authority to SJJA Narrabeen to direct debit my nominated payment method fortnightly whilst I am a subscribed member of the club, I understand that the payments will not cease unless I have formally notified the club and successfully completed/submitted the membership cancellation request form with my 60 days active notice.
In case I wish to freeze my membership I must give a minimum of 30 days active notice and submit a freeze request form with a return date (maximum freeze period of 90 days).
When giving my notice I must do so in person at the gym by asking staff for the correct request form, when it is not possible to come into the gym, I may request the forms in writing via email. Notice cannot be made by SMS, over the phone or across social media.
I understand that a freeze and a cancellation are two separate processes, active notice must be given for each request. To apply for a cancellation during a freeze period, the membership will be required to be re-activated immediately, be up to date with payments and then stay active for the remaining 60 days as per the cancellation notice policy period.
I also agree that I will remain up to date with all my payments and that I will not be dishonest, close my bank account or cancel my credit card without first cancelling my club membership subscription. If this should occur and conditions are not followed correctly such actions may incur dishonour fees and result involving a debt collection authority .
I acknowledge that my attendance in class is not linked with payments or cancellation. The membership is a subscription based and the club’s only obligation is to put on classes and supply instruction. It is therefore sorely the student’s obligation to inform and give the correct notice to the club for any membership freeze/cancellation requests.
SJJA Narrabeen Waiver
1. Recognize and understand that martial arts training is a physical contact activity and that my participation might result in serious injury, including permanent disability or death, and severe social and economic loss.
2. Recognize and understand that such risk may be due to not only my own actions, but also the action, inaction or negligence of others, the regulations of participation, or the conditions of the premises, or of any of the equipment used.
3. Recognize that there may be other risks that are not known to me or to others or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
4. Agree to inspect the facilities, equipment and pairings prior to participation. I will immediately inform an instructor if I believe that anything is unsafe or beyond my capability and refuse to participate.
5. Assume all of the foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for any damages that may result from injury, permanent disability or death.
6. Enter martial arts training and/or competition entirely of my own free will and understand the importance of following the rules of training and competition. I have been given a copy of the rules and regulations of SJJA Narrabeen and agree to abide by the instructions given therein.
7. I certify that I am in good physical condition, and have no disease, injury or other condition that would impair my performance or physical and mental well-being during intense training practice and/or competition.
8. Grant permission in case of injury to have a doctor, nurse, athletic training or other emergency medical personnel provide me with medical assistance or treatment for such injury.
9. Release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue, SJJA Narrabeen, its affiliated organizations and governing bodies, their officers, instructors and personnel, other members of the organizations, participants, supervisors, coaches, sponsoring organizations or their agents, and if applicable, owners and leasers of the premises from any and all liability to the undersigned, his or her heirs and next of kin for any and all claims, demands, losses and damages which may be sustained and suffered on account of injury, including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the releasees or otherwise.
10. I consent that videos and photos of myself and or of my children can be used for marketing purposes, only on social media, SJJA Narrabeen website and print material. If I do not wish for these images or videos to be used I will contact SJJA Narrabeen reception of the gym I am a current member of, and the images will be taken down.
11. I acknowledge that I am required to wear the official SJJA Narrabeen uniform to attend class
12. I acknowledge every class I attend it is my own responsibility to sign in and that my membership program must be updated when I achieve a higher grading.I HAVE READ THE ABOVE WARNING, WAIVER, RELEASE AND AGREEMENT TO PARTICIPATE. I UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS AND DO HEREBY SIGN IT VOLUNTARILY.